The vegetables are cooked in a pressure cooker. This is a very easy to cook recipe. Which cooks in just about 5 minutes.
Nutrients are preserved because of low cooking time and tastes very good. It can be eaten with chapati (Indian Bread) or Rice.
Cooking Equipments Required
- Pressure Cooker
- Capcicum : 250 gram capcicum
- Potato : 1-2 medium size potatoes
- Tomato : 2-3 full size tomatoes
- Onions : 1 Medium size onion
- Garam Masala : 1 tablespoon garam masala
- Black Pepper : a pinch of black pepper according to taste
- Chilli Pepper : 1 – 2 cut in small pieces
- Turmeric (Haldi) : a pinch of Turmeric (haldi)
- Salt – To taste
You will need a pressure cooker for this recipe.
Step : 1
Wash all the vegetables and cut them into medium size pieces.
Step : 2
Put all the vegetables into the pressure cooker. All salt, garam masala, turmeric, black pepper. Mix them. Do not add water. Close the lid of pressure cooker and cook on full burner (full flame of gas).
Cooking Note :
Please Note that we do not add water to ensure that the vegetables have a crunch in them. The water in the tomatoes is enough for the cooking of the vegetables. The vegetables also release their water while cooking therefore adding of water is not required.
Step : 3
You have to cook the vegetables on full burner and wait for the first whistle. After the first whistle turn off the burner. Empty the steam from the pressure cooker ASAP and remove the lid immediately. This quick removal of the lid ensures that vegetables hold their crunch and nutrients are preserved due to low cooking time.